This 9 Day Kenya Safari is a short duration fly-in safari focusing on three of the top Kenya safari parks – Samburu National Reserve, Masai Mara and Amboseli National Park. Retire at night to elegant tented camps which provide exquisite personalized service, first rate game viewing and refined cuisine during your Kenya luxury safari. Travel by air and see scenic landscapes as you save precious time between safari locations and enjoy some added special experiences.
Flying Safari Includes
- Meet and greet services with assistance at the airport or hotel
- Arrival & Departure airport transfers
- Round trip Airfare Nairobi/Samburu/Masai Mara/Amboseli/ Nairobi
- Shared transportation as per itinerary
- Accommodation per itinerary or similar
- Meals as per itinerary
- Services of an English speaking driver/guide
- National park & game reserve entrance fees as per itinerary
- Excursions & activities as per itinerary
- All meet and greet services
Flying Safari Excludes
- Visas, international flights and Airport taxes (clients pay direct)
- Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls and other items of a personal nature
- International flights and arrival and departure taxes
- Meals not listed on the itinerary
- Travel and personal accident insurance
- Optional excursions and activities not listed in the itinerary
- We may have to re-route the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Domestic flights luggage limit is 15kg inclusive of hand luggage
- Prices for domestic flights, airport taxes or park fees may be changed without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will be passed to you.
- Passengers should bring only soft sided bags on safaris.
- We may have to reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Prices may be changed without prior notice. This is beyond our control and any increase levied will be passed to you for park fees and government taxes.
- Passengers should bring soft sided bags on safaris as our vehicles have limited luggage space.
- All the passengers must have Identification Card/Passport with them for any internal flights.
- Baggage on internal flights is strictly limited to 15kgs per person (including hand luggage). Any excess baggage will be charged by the airline at check-in.
- Passengers arriving in KENYA will be asked to present a valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate.
KILIMANJARO AIRPORT | MOSHI
Arrive at the Kilimanjaro International Airport, pick up and transferred to the Springlands Hotel or similar for overnight bed and breakfast.
MOSHI | RONGAI PARK GATE | 1ST CAVE CAMP
Altitude: 1,950 m – 2,600 m
Hiking distance: 8 km
Hiking time: 3-4 hours
After breakfast at Springlands Hotel, you will meet your guides and porters and prepare your equipment before departing to Rongai Route. The climb begins from the attractive wooden village of Nale Moru on a small path that winds through crop fields before entering pine forest. The track then starts to climb consistently, but gently through attractive forest that shelters a variety of wildlife, including the beautiful Kilimanjaro Colobus monkey. The forest begins to thin out and the first camp is at the edge of the moorland zone with extensive views over the Kenyan plains. Overnight 1st Cave Camp.
1ST CAVE CAMP | 2ND CAVE CAMP
Altitude: 2,600 m – 3,450 m
Hiking distance: 4 km
Hiking time: 3–4 hours
The morning walk is a steady ascent up to the Second Cave with superb views of Kibo and the Eastern ice fields on the crater rim. After lunch, we leave the main trail and strike out across the moorland on a smaller path towards the jagged peaks of Mawenzi. Our campsite is in sheltered valley near Kikelewa Caves (3,600m). Dinner and overnight at 2nd Caves Campsite
2ND CAVE CAMP | 3RD CAVE CAMP
Altitude: 3,450 m – 3,630 m
Hiking distance: 5 km
Hiking time: 4–5 hours
Today is an acclimatisation day. Morning at leisure striking out around noon leaving the main trail and walking across the moorland on a smaller path toward the jagged peaks of Mawenzi. Then onto the campsite at 3rd Caves for dinner and overnight.
3RD CAVE CAMP | MAWENZI TURN CAMP
Altitude: 3,630 m – 4,330 m
Hiking distance: 6 km
Hiking time: 3–4 hours
A short but steep climb up grassy slopes is rewarded by superb all round views and a tangible sense of wilderness. We leave vegetation behind shortly before reaching the next camp at Mawenzi Tarn, spectacularly situated in a cirque directly beneath the towering spires of Mawenzi. The afternoon will be free to rest or explore the surrounding area as an aid to acclimatisation. Overnight at Mawenzi Turn.
MAWENZI TURN CAMP | KIBO CAMP
Altitude: 4,330 m – 4,750 m
Hiking distance: 9 km
Hiking time: 4–5 hours
Cross the lunar desert of the ‘Saddle’ between Mawenzi and Kibo to reach Kibo campsite at the bottom of the Kibo crater wall. The remainder of the day is spent resting in preparation for the final ascent. Dinner and overnight at Kibo Camp, and midnight start the ascent to Summit.
KIBO CAMP | SUMMIT | HOROMBO HUT
Altitude: 4,750 m – 5, 895 m – 3,720 m
Hiking distance: 16 km
Hiking time: 15+ hours
Wake at around midnight to a light breakfast, and then prepare for the summit ascent. This part of the hike is carried out during the early morning before dawn so that the climbers reach Uhuru Peak at around sunrise. Leave at about 1:00am and reach Gilman’s Point at about 7:00am. The climbers are met with views of the crater from Gilman’s Point because it is on the Crater Rim. Another 2 hours of hiking brings the climber to Uhuru Peak, the summit. From there you will descend back to Kibo Hut, collect your things and cross the saddle again at Horombo Hut where you will spend the night. Enjoy dinner and get some well-deserved sleep.
HOROMBO HUT | MARANGU PARK GATE | MOSHI
Altitude: 3,720 m – 2,700 m
Hiking distance: 18 km
Hiking time: 6-7 hours
Wake as usual, pack and descend to Mandara Hut. Take lunch there and continue on to the park gate where you will be met by your transport back to Moshi. Continue on to the park gate where you will be met by your transport back to Moshi. Overnight in Springlands hotel. Tips is recommended and highly appreciated and can be given to the Guide at Springlands Hotel. This is also where successful climbers receive their summit certificates. Those climbers who reached Stella Point (5685m) are issued with green certificates and those who reached Uhuru Peak (5895m) receive gold certificates.
MOSHI | KILIMANJARO AIRPORT
After an early breakfast, transfer to Kilimanjaro airport for your departure flight back home.
*** End of our services ***