Enjoy free time to relax on the beaches and swim, snorkel or dive in the clear, warm waters.
Kilimanjaro Trek to Machame; 6-Day Route
6 day climb from $1,773 per person
Children younger than 15 years of age qualify for a 30% discount
Sometimes called the Whisky Route. This is a popular route up steep paths through magnificent forests to gain a ridge leading through the moorland zones to the Shira Plateau. It then traverses beneath the glaciated precipices of the Southern Icefields to join the Barafu Route to the summit. An extra day could be added to the itinerary, best spent on the Shira Plateau, where you could walk to the Shira Needles. Strong groups could omit camping at Karanga River. The Mweka Route is used for the descent.
Accommodation on the mountain is in tents, which the porters will pitch for you. You will need a sleeping bag, warm clothes and walking poles. This is a steep, tough trek within the limits of a fit individual used to walking in mountain areas.
- 1 Person rate (private climb) is based on a single climber with his/her mountain crew
- 11th Person rate – every 11th person in a group will qualify for this discounted rate (In order to qualify for this rate people, need to book together as a group).
- All climbing rates quoted are based on a per person rate.
- Two nights’ accommodation at the Springlands Hotel in Moshi (before and after the climb)
- First night includes breakfast
- Return transportation from Moshi to/from the starting/finishing point on the mountain
- Airport transfers (JRO)
- Qualified guides with mountain crew
- National park fees
- Tents and sleeping mattresses
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Mess tent (for dining) / Mini camping chairs / Tables / Candles
- Rescue fees
- Pulse oximeters
- First aid kit
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Boiled water on the mountain
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Single rooms supplement at Springlands Hotel (except on the 1-person rate)
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Emergency oxygen