Where to go, what to do while in Kenya.
LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK
Situated in Nakuru County, 140km north-west of Nairobi, Lake Nakuru National Park consists of a park and a lake, surrounded by mainly wooded and bushy grasslands. Its major attraction is the lake – Lake Nakuru, a shallow alkaline soda lake underneath the eastern Rift Valley.
The park is rich in different varieties of flora and fauna and was declared an ornithologist’s paradise in 2006, offering an extraordinary view of an estimated 2 million flamingoes and a host of other species and birds of prey.
The lake is world famous as the location of the greatest bird spectacle on earth.
- A large number of Flamingo, both the Greater and Lesser
- Up to about 450 species of terrestrial birds and other species such as the goliath heron, hamerkop, pied kingfisher and the African fish eagle.
- More than 50 different species of mammals i.e. white rhinos, Rothschild’s giraffe and predators such as the lion and Leopard.
- Participate in the cycle with the rhino, this event happens every September yearly
- Amazing natural scenery and View-points such as Lion hill and the Baboon cliff
- Hills, among them Enasoit, Honeymoon and Lion hill ridge
- About 550 different plant species including the unique and biggest euphorbia forest in Africa, Picturesque landscape and yellow acacia woodlands.